27 January 2014

Feedback

It's always good to know that people are finding my website useful. Sometimes I get feedback from satisfied readers, generally in the form of a request for more information, like this one:
"I would like to educate myself about the  archeology of osseous human remains. When researching the possibilities I came upon your website and enjoyed reading it. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction..." 
I will always respond to genuine queries, and of course it's nice to get a 'thank you' in response. 

This morning, I got an unsolicited 'Thank You' message from a retired lady who is studying archaeology at OUCE:
"I am a retiree taking correspondence classes through OUCE.  At 65 years old , I am really struggling with a course in archaeology because everything is new. I was so fortunate to come across your site where I was able to find a description of not only the burial practices that I was seeking but  I also found a complete time line for the early periods. What a relief. Now I can  make my first time line and can use the periods you prepared on your site. It might seem silly for me to thank you, but I am so grateful to find this information in a straightforward framework."
The best bit of feedback, however, wasn't for Spoilheap itself, but for the subsidiary site run by my colleague, Beany Z:
"As an academic and practicing professional archaeological consultant here in Western Canada, I chanced upon Beany Z's wonderful website. Please tell him/her that both my wife (who works with me and has a degree in Archaeology) love his/her adventures!  ;-)"
Although the Spoilheap website is now aimed more at potential clients, I am glad that the Resources section still has a growing audience and that it has helped many people find out more about archaeology.

No comments:

Post a Comment